Powered By Blogger

Saturday, August 17, 2013

My breastfeeding Journey (Happy breastfeeding month!)

This topic touches home base. I breastfed my son for 15 months although mixed feeding when he reached 9 months. I am also breastfeeding my daughter till today. She is already 10 mos. and only taking formula when I am not at home, which is rare.

I remember when I was 7 mos pregnant with my son, I had doubts to breastfeed. I read and search the net, kinulit ko rin hubby ko to go with me at Medela House to attend breastfeeding seminar 101. haha! It is a big help to bring hubby along kahit na una hesitant siya in the end he is really supportive, my wall when I am about to fall. (Sandalan ika nga) Without him I might give up easily.

The only thing that I regret is that I breastfed my son less when he reached 9 mos. and gave him formula instead to fatten him up. My pedia advise us to give him different milk brands but until now his body is lean eventhough he is eating a lot. I tried giving him breast milk in a cup but when he tasted it he didn't like it already. Sad.. I also stop breastfeeding him by 15 mos because I had complications when I became preganant again.

This time I am determined to breastfeed my daughter upto when she is ready to wean herself.


If you have doubts on breastfeeding, I suggest you join breastfeeding pinays page in facebook. You will learn alot reading experiences from different mothers.

For me, breastfeeding is an on going journey for both my son and daughter. I would sneak a little breast milk to my son once in a while. haha! for as long as I have milk. And for my daughter, she will continue to latch, maybe upto 2 yrs old. Let's see..

Happy breastfeeding month!



No comments:

Post a Comment