Powered By Blogger

Thursday, September 2, 2010

Following Old Wives Tale of being pregnant?

I became pregnant last March 2010, upon seeing a double line at pregnancy test I was overjoyed! You see, I had 2 past miscarriage already, both on the same year of 2008. We had treatments amounting to tons of money. I got treated for APAS, which I was required to undergo a series of LIT treatment. Before I should be pregnant again. Upon knowing that I was pregnant, my husband suggested to have IVIG done to me on my 6th week. And I could say it's not cheap but it's worth it. I heard my baby's heartbeat by 7th week. All was smooth until my 14th week, which the doctor suggested to have another IVIG treatment because I had a tear near the placenta. I'm following my doctor's advise every time but it seems not enough.

My uncle, who was a pastor and a Feng Shui Master at his own temple, told me that it's wise not to go out for the first 7 months of my pregnancy. My husband, who was really caring and very supportive is overprotective. I can't blame him though, this is our first baby with a beating heart. He doesn't allow me to go down the stairs, that's why I'm eating in my room.. (If you read my rants on my previous blog, you'll understand why i'm ranting). I also can't do much work because I might get tired.. But if you should know, my previous routine was really active. I always went to the gym, I ran for 30 mins and carry weights for another 30 mins. If that's not enough, I also use the transport and stair master for another 30 mins. I walked towards our office from the gym for 15 mins. I am really active then, but now I'm sedentary.. waiting for my darling baby to come out..

No watching of ghost movies or going out this ghost month for this pregnant woman..! I also can not eat eggplants, or food that has been offered to chinese saints or the deceased..

Enough of my ranting.. my 7th month is fast approaching anyway. I could not just wait for the day that I could go out with my husband and have a quiet dinner together again. You see I eat alone at my room everyday since I became pregnant. Once in a while my husband would join me but that could only be counted with my ten fingers. When our baby is out, I wonder if when would we be able to have our alone time again..

No comments:

Post a Comment