Powered By Blogger

Friday, February 15, 2013

Homecooking Time!

Once in a while, I do the cooking at home. Especially when my MIL is not home. I love to experiment on food that were enhanced with spices and sauce mixes. 

The food that I cook usually are more on the western side mixed with asian rather than my pure Chinese heritage. 

For tonight's dish, I prepared Crispy porkchop and Spicy bulgogi eggplant. 

For the pork, I marinated it with calamansi, pepper and salt for 1 hour. Then dipped in egg and coated it with flour that has a teaspoon of baking soda. (baking soda makes the skin crunchier)








For the eggplant, I chopped it lengthwise. Browned the chopped garlic then add the eggplant. When the eggplant was a little soft, put 1/4 cup Bulgogi sauce. I also added chili flakes for added spice. You can use the yellow cab chili flakes sachet. 


This is the sauce that I used for the eggplant. This sauce is being sold in Landmark supermarket at Php109 for 500g.



No comments:

Post a Comment