Powered By Blogger

Thursday, May 17, 2012

Celebrating Mommy's Day @ Summer Palace

It's the time of the year where we celebrated my second Mother's Day and my MIL.

We celebrated Mother's Day early on a Saturday to avoid the rush. My SIL reserved a table at Summer Palace, Edsa Shangrila. There they ordered dishes that are pleasing on the palate. First came out was the Soup.

Boiled Fish Mak

The soup was delicious, it was composed of fish, mushroom and vegetable. The soup was cooked just right. It was light and the best complement to our main dish. 

Next came out was the vegetable dishes. 

Soy Beancurd

This was just ordinary. Even my MIL could do this at home. It was fried and topped with sweet and sour sauce. This was supposed to be an appetizer, but since my SIL only eat vegetables it became her main dish.

Seaweed Taro Roll

Seaweed Taro roll was served next, my MIL said it was just okay. I didn't taste it because I was reserving my stomach space for our real main dish! LOL! By the way, this came out 8 pcs. Apparently, my camera was not fast enough to capture the whole dish. Hahaha!

Lohan Vegetable Noodle

The Lohan Vegetable Noodle was yummy! You wouldn't notice that it was pure vegetables. I love everything they put in there! The greens are crispy fresh and the mushrooms are chewy! Plus the sauce, it was just that tasty!

Yang Chow Fried Rice

Yang Chow Fried Rice was just the usual yang chow, nothing special about it. But still, it was tasty and  the right complement for the next batch of food.

Kingdao Spareribs

The pork in this Kingdao Spareribs was a little tough. It stuck between my teeth while the sauce that accompanied it was a little too sweet for my taste.

Lemon Chicken

This dish was just alright, but (nakakaumay siya!). We didn't eat a lot of this because of the strong lemony taste. We had to take home the leftover.

Prawn Salad

This top all dishes that they ordered, other than the soup. I love prawns and I love the set up. I was really thankful my husband ordered this. It was just a (pahabol), it was never to be ordered in the first place. Vegetables are crunchy and fresh, while the prawns are chewy and cooked just right. yummy!

I also ordered Dalandan juice for myself, because they all ordered house tea and I can't drink tea yet. Besides, I have colds that's why I also opted for the Fresh Dalandan. Hoping it would be a little better. It is fresh, I tell you and a little cold. But still fresh! That's what matters! haha!

Fresh Dalandan Juice

I peeked at our bill a little later and it was a little over Php7,000. For me, I couldn't justify the price because I didn't like the Spareribs and the Lemon Chicken that much. But we will definitely be back to try other dishes! Can't wait.. maybe this father's day! And I will let Bryan order whatever he wants! A gift for being a good husband and a good father! Haha!

Oh, By the way, my son ate what we bought along. He also ate some lemon chicken and fried rice. We put a little first on his bowl, so that it would not get cold easily. The bowl was a collapsible silicone that  I bought in HK. 

Beef Broccoli Rice
My son full and satisfied from his lunch!

Don Braybray!

No comments:

Post a Comment