Powered By Blogger

Friday, April 6, 2012

On getting pregnant..


Once I got the go signal to get pregnant, we were again subject to stressed. Or I was subject to stressed! haha! Oye! It's not an easy task to get pregnant! We monitored my temperature every 6 am before getting up from bed. That was called BBT (Basal Body Temperature) to check if I ovulated or not yet.

Another thing, I also exercised and ate healthily to lose weight and achieve my normal weight. (No more iced tea, No more white rice! Only brown rice, no more desserts and no more fried foods for this gal!) This was required to me by my endocrinologist (Dra. Abrahan). From 138lbs, I became 118lbs. in 3 mos. My endocrinologist suggested to me to take metformin 3x a day and at least target 105lbs! haha! I just wished my PCOS has been cured.. But alas, there was no cure to PCOS.

In the meantime, Dra. Burgos (OB-GYNE) subjected me to take clomid. I took 3 cycles but didn't got pregnant. After that, I became weary and just tired from all of it. I asked to take a cycle of rest. But that was a good decision for us! I became pregnant on that very cycle! You see, all we need was a stress free environment! =)

Seeing that I'm pregnant again, we were scared to lose our little one. (You see, my two past miscarriages never got their heartbeat) My husband researched IVIG from the net and asked both my doctors for recommendation. He learned that it is a very effective treatment for cases like mine. So he suggested that I took it at once even before hearing a heartbeat.

One IViG treatment cost 100k++, we took the risk even though we don't know what will happen. My husband told me that money can easily be earned but a child is something else. So off I went to St. Luke's and even spent a night because it took approximately 4 hours for the treatment!

After a week, we went back to my OB-GYNE and went thru an ultrasound. Alas, there was a heartbeat, beating very very fast at 114 hb/min. We were really so happy that day! No words can described how happy we were! It was all worth it!

On my next post will be my journey from hearing the heartbeat to giving birth to my first son. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment