Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Breastfeeding helps cure HIV

All of you must knew already that I had difficulty sustaining my pregnancy. Therefore, when I gave birth to my son I already had one thing in mind. To give whatever is best for my son and whatever it took.

Therefore, I decided before giving birth to breastfeed. I attended a class in Medela house, badgered my cousins in Canada to buy me breast pumps and even read about breastfeeding. I also load up some items like Avent cups and nursing cover.

I was determined to breastfeed my son upto whenever he wants to stop. I was a little disappointed when I had to stop. I became pregnant again when he was only 15 mos. I'm taking aspirin and this would be mixed with my BM that's why I had to stop. So when I saw the article about BM helps cure and prevent HIV, I became proud that I did breastfed him even it didn't last that long.

If you wanted to read the article I posted it below.

http://globalhealth.unc.edu/2012/06/breast-milk-kills-hiv-and-blocks-oral-transmission/

I'm proud to say that my son has strong immunity. I already stop Breastfeeding him when I contacted colds. I'm worried that he may get them but he didn't contacted the colds that I had and even still co-sleeps with us. He slept between me and my hubby in our bed. So for my next baby I will breastfeed as long as I have milk to give. hehe! Plus points are the bonding and closeness! You can never be too close to your baby, kasi when the time comes.. He won't just be needing you already and I already dread that day.

No comments:

Post a Comment