Powered By Blogger

Friday, April 6, 2012

The prescriptions


Getting pregnant is one journey down my list, sustaining my baby for the 1st trimester was another story.

I had no morning sickness or lihi lihi whatsoever. That was a good thing for many people but bad news to my OB. She said that the more symptoms I felt the more it is good for the baby. So she ordered for my visits every week to monitor my progress.

Every week when we visited my OB, her prescriptions consist of 3x a day utrogestan (progesterone), crenone (progesterone supository) once a day, once a day aspirin, 2x a day injection of heparin (subcutaneus), proluton injection (progesterone) every 3 days, 3x a day omega 3, folic acid, vit c and calcium. Add the fact that if my ESR went up, i also took prednisone once a day for 3 - 7 days. This resulted for my sugar to went up, thus having insulin shots once a day. If you asked me how much all of it add up, approximately we cashed out 16k a week for four months.

I also went for blood test every week to monitor my HCG and Progesterone. I also went for blood test for my ESR, cholesterol, OGTT (sugar), FBS, HbAC, FT4 and TSH.

My doctor was really taking care of me and my baby. She monitored us closely and that's why i'm loving her!

No comments:

Post a Comment