Powered By Blogger

Friday, August 3, 2012

Breastfeeding at Public

When I decided to breastfeed my son, I came prepared. I went to seminars and search the internet topics and things to buy. I also wanted to know how would I breastfeed him in public, kasi gala kami! haha!

I was toying to the fact that I could bring only my son, some clothes and diapers when going out. No hassle of bringing hot water, cold water, formula milk and tons of bottles. I'm a light packer even when I was just a teenager. I already learned that from my dad! LOL! He was a heavy packer, if he could only bring everything in his kitchen he would do so! hahaha! Then he would bear the consequences of carrying heavy things, plus the people around him! Hay..

Anyway, I only bought a nursing cover to cover me with when my son was going to feed. I knew there were stares.. But what the "H".. My son is hungry and I'm his feeding machine. Hahaha! Besides, my hubby was there beside me, I know anyone that would try to insult me will not get away with it. hihi! But sometimes, I also went to the Comfort room, provided it is clean, the breastfeeding room of a mall or even the dressing room. I only have to ask the sales lady for it. If all else fail, I sit at the corner of a restaurant, order something to drink and wear my nursing cover and feed my son. Very very convenient! =)

My son at 6 mos. (SG 2011)


When we went to Singapore, my son was about 6 months old. I breastfeed him during walking at orchard road at night and even in the MTR. Wearing of course my nursing cover. Maybe I don't give any much thoughts of others might think. I won't see them anyway after our vacation! haha!

With the right mindset, I believe that everyone can breastfeed. Why shy away with it? It is the best thing we could offer our children. If we want to preserve our boobs image, we could do that after breastfeeding. Go to Belo or any cosmetic surgery for that! haha! Just sharing my thoughts. I don't judge people who did not breastfeed their son and even people who bottle feed their son until 9 yrs old. So please do not stare at us who breastfeed in public. Just saying.

No comments:

Post a Comment