Powered By Blogger

Saturday, July 14, 2012

My breastfeeding essentials.. What's yours?

When I decided to breastfeed my 1st son, I compiled a list on things that I needed for breastfeeding.

1. I need a double breast pump! I asked my cousin to buy me one at Canada, she bought me a single electric. haha! It served me well. But now I'm pregnant again. I need a double breast pump to shortened my pumping time.


2. I also need some Lasinoh Breastmilk bags. I already had Avent BPA Free cups, but my son uses these  to store his soup stocks. So I might need breastmilk bags for added storage.




3. I bought a fridge-to-go pack last time. This is so convenient! Even I'm not pumping anymore, I used this to store 15 bags of frozen soup stock and brought it to HK with me! My son was just 16 mos. then and he ate only lugaw with soup stock.



4. I also bought a nursing cover. This served me well when we went to SG, at that time my son was just 6 mos and he is exclusively breastfeeding. So everywhere I went and whenever he felt hungry I just breastfed him. I breastfed him during our walks at night at Orchard Road. I even breastfed him during our train ride going back to the hotel. I think I need a new one with back cover this time!



5. I need new nursing bra. I used these often when breastfeeding. It was very convenient without the hassle of hooking and unhooking at the back.



6. Some new nursing wear. Nursing wear allows us to nurse without taking off our clothes. It has secret pockets that opens directly at your breast without exposing any other parts of your body. I love au lait clothings and mamaway nursing wear. I read at dainty moms blog that mommy matters has a fit at home service. I should try that one soon!



7. Last but not the least, I need to buy a cup for feeding breast milk. I wanted to try cupfeeding my daughter breast milk while i'm out. This is to avoid nipple confusion so that when I offer my breast she will gladly take it again. Unlike my son, he knew how to cup feed when he was just 6 mos. but I had no help that's why it became hard for him and he ended up taking in sippy cups. I'll be buying maybe 2 pcs of Axifeed from babymama.

No comments:

Post a Comment